CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ballad of the Comeback Kid

Well, to say it's been awhile would be rather an understatement. Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure exactly how long it's been...I'm guessing roundabouts 4 years? 5? I know I could check in my archives, but frankly it's not terribly convenient (note to self - blogging from an iPhone is a mistake). For anyone who had been following me way back when, and happens to come across this, I shall try to update at least once or twice a week.

In the meantime, here's the highlight reel of my life in the last 5 years:

1. Ben and I got married in San Antonio in May 2010.

2. Jack (our golden) is still with us, and made a cross-country trip with me in 2010 from Michigan to Washington state to meet up with Ben, who is stationed here in the Navy.

3. We chose a second dog, Lucy, a hilarious black Lab mix in June 2011.

4. After working at the local mall, and a brief (ill-fated) stint as a security guard at a national retail chain, I am now a nursing assistant at an area nursing home.

5. On 6 February of this year, I gave birth to a beautiful little boy! I am back at work full-time, and continuing to work on the whole home-work life balance thing.

Well, that's the high points (not many lows, really). More to come!

0 comments: