CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Well, on Rachel's orders, I am making a list of 100 facts about me. I'm not planning to tag anyone else, however, so this particular chain will be a dead end here. Hopefully this won't take too terribly long, and I won't scar you with my revelations.

Enjoy!

1. I am left-handed.
2. I worry that I will never find a job I enjoyed as much as working at Boy Scout summer camp.
3. While living in Michigan/New York, I used to think of Illinois as home. Now that I'm here, I realize that Michigan is my home, and always will be.
4. I regret not running cross country in college.
5. I made the Dean's List my final semester at Cornell.
6. I once had fire engine red hair.
7. I don't regret leaving my last job.
8. I regret losing the income.
9. I have seriously considered joining the Navy.
10. I enjoyed high school a lot more than college.
11. I stand up for what I believe in.
12. I am very much my father's daughter, in that I am a very laid-back kind of person.
13. I am frightened of centipedes.
14. I only care about politics as it relates to the environment and gas prices.
15. I will never understand how airplanes can fly.
16. I want to learn how to drive a motorcycle.
17. I want to eventually own a motorcycle.
18. I wish I understood my youngest brother better.
19. I am a relentless optimist.
20. I hate when people bite down on their cutlery while eating.
21. I enjoy washing dishes.
22. I don't like any other kind of housework.
23. I am both scared and excited about the future.
24. I am told I do an excellent Eminem impression.
25. I am less confident than I appear.
26. I miss camping.
27. I have an incredibly poor sense of direction.
28. I can laugh at just about any situation (even when inappropriate).
29. I absolutely *love* that Bridgestone commercial where all the animals are screaming.
30. I could watch NCIS and Grey's all day.
31. Sometimes I do.
32. I have a slightly crooked front tooth that intermittently annoys me.
33. I can't wait to start running again (once I can afford new shoes).
34. I was briefly a member of the Wheaton Rotary Club.
35. I have a scar next to my right eye from a rock.
36. I love the colour pink.
38. I absolutely love reading. I will start a book and stay up all night until it's done.
39. I love the Civil War.
40. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
41. I drive a red Subaru Impreza.
42. I want to trade in my car for a Dodge Caliber.
43. I only swear when I'm really mad.
44. I always want to live somewhere where I can see the fall colours.
45. I have been to France twice.
46. I had my first cigarette in France.
47. I like Coke much more than Pepsi.
48. I once had my cell phone run over by a minivan.
49. I have had bouts of depression ever since I became unemployed.
50. I still believe things will get better for me.
51. I had some amazing (and huge) margaritas in Texas.
52. I have bottle fed a baby squirrel.
53. I am a very patient person.
54. I have one tattoo, and no desire for more.
55. My favourite wings from B-Dubs are Mango Habanero.
56. I accidentally deleted this fact while fixing some typos, and I don't remember what it said (see #69).
57. I really want to visit Disney World again.
58. My favorite beer is Guiness Draught.
59. I wish That 70's Show was still on.
60. I love David Sedaris.
61. I would like to visit London someday.
62. If I could eat poutine everyday (and not die), I would.
63. I'm not sure what all the hype is about bacon.
64. The Millennium Force is my favourite roller coaster.
65. I want to do a cross-country road trip.
66. I get pretty handsy when I'm drunk.
67. I used to play the drums and the oboe.
68. I once faked being able to play the trumpet so I could 'play' during graduation and see my best friend walk.
69. I am worrisomely absent-minded.
70. I love Canada.
71. I have had my driver's licence for less than a year, and have been hit twice.
72. I have over 4,000 songs on my iTunes.
73. I have met Bill Nye 3 times.
74. I fractured my skull at age 3 (and had the audacity to do it on Rachel's birthday).
75. I love hookah.
76. I have been told that I look like Catherine Willows from CSI.
77. I don't believe them.
78. I think Macs are awesome, and I want to get a Macbook.
79. I believe we need to do more to slow global warming.
80. I haven't yet figured out where God fits in my life.
81. I don't see the appeal of 'Lost'.
82. A Knight's Tale is one of my favourite movies.
83. I cried when Heath Ledger died.
84. I have days when I feel like I look pretty.
85. I know I am capable of more than I am.
86. I am the go-to person for wildlife questions.
87. Fish Ecology was my favourite class in college.
88. I don't have many close friends, but the ones I am close to, I am very close.
89. Most of this is because of distance.
90. I am terrible at returning emails, facebook messages, and the like.
91. I can be very stubborn.
92. I hate people who talk on their cell phones as if they're on a helicopter.
93. I like to stay with things through their completion.
94. I once fainted during high school play rehearsal due to dehydration and exhaustion.
95. I love listening to music, no matter what I'm doing.
96. The Beatles are my favourite band.
97. I have never seen E.T.
98. My proudest moment in running was beating Allen Park my junior year in the 4x4 at the League Meet, which we then won. Martie Wagoner and I were puking in the grass next to eachother.
99. I am still learning.
100. I have a headache, and now I'm going to bed.

6 comments:

Jidai said...

Ohmigod! I would sell a kidney to meet Bill Nye! Then I would sing him his song. :D

As for 97, never do. It's an overrated movie that made me cry when I was little.

Frank said...

In reference to #35, I am planning to write about that one soon as part of my "32 memories" series.

Andy said...

HAhaha... After reading number 63, I start to wonder if Frank's the only one in the family obssesed by bacon.
#81 : I didn't at first either. Now, I'm obssesed with makeing weird hypothesis about what on earth is going on.

Rachel said...

Heck yeah you ruined my birthday! What made everything worse is that after that you could read like a friggin genius! My claim to fame was knowing all the 12 days of X-mas and YOU could read the encyclopedia! How the hell am I supposed to compete with that!!!

Veronica said...

jidai - he's a pretty funny guy, though he did steal some material from Steve Martin's early standup. and from what my dad has told me, Rachel was scared of E.T. when she was little, so I think I'll pass. I've made it this far without having seen it.

Frank - it was totally Spenser who threw the rock. and you forgot to add the reason I was down there in the first place - some adult had sent me there to tell everyone to stop throwing rocks 'before someone gets hurt'. o_O

Andy - yeah, as far as I know, bacon obsession is shared with 3 people: Frank, my boyfriend, and Jim Gaffigan. my ex was really into 'Lost', so I watched a few episodes, but lost interest.

Rach - yeah, but you didn't have to suffer the humiliation of being 3 and potty trained, and having the doctors make you wear DIAPERS cause they didn't want a little kid wandering to the bathroom dragging her IV behind her. bastards.

JenBun said...

I totally want to see/hear your Eminem impression! Vlog?? ;)

Was it Frank's minivan that ran over your cell phone?

I totally cried when Heath Ledger died, too. Mainly because an ex-boyfriend of mine called to tell me, and he is friends of the family, and he was going to have to go to the funeral and all. I was upset about the death of an actor, but he was torn up at the death of a FRIEND.