CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thankyou

Well as my last post was a bit of a downer, I decided to take a page from bayjb's book...er...screen from her blog? and make a list of things for which I am grateful:

- my health
- the ability to work (hey, I may not have a job at the moment, but I at least am able to look for work and I'm capable of just about anything)
- Ben <3 (and knowing that he is only a phone call away)
- my family, for being there when I needed them most and taking me in
- being well-fed
- my dog Jack (the one constant in my life)
- sunny days
- the colour pink
- free trial gym memberships
- chocolate
- the Daily Show and the Colbert Report
- my blog buddies (yes, you!)
- my music
- new lipgloss
- having a car that gets 28 mpg in the city and 32 highway (I may not have a lot of money, so at least I'm not spending it all on gas!)
- Sonic Drive-Ins
- pink lemonade
- living in the Midwest...be it Illinois or Michigan, I love this area!
- being short
- Vanilla Coke

I could probably go on and on, but I've done enough to where my mood has been brightened considerably. Think about your own lists...it really works!

10 comments:

Andy said...

It was a fun list, I may get encouraged to do it myself... I am too VERY thankful about my dogs, pink and chocolate.

Mandy said...

I agree the Midwest ROCKS! I am thankful for my dog and friends too.

Bayjb said...

Aww thanks for the linkey love. I'm glad you're feeling better. Okay we need to talk more because we have a lot of things in common, Colbert, Daily Show, being short, Midwest. You might be my blonde-haired counterpart. Oh I have a great picture of you and Rachel too to send you.

Veronica said...

andy - yeah and it serves as an instant pick-me-up...I reread it every time I start to feel overwhelmed.

mandy - yeah I can't say I spend a whole lot of time in ohio (except for cedar point) but I'd say I could live comfortably just about anywhere in the midwest.

bayjb - well I'm pretty sure that just about everyone who reads me already reads you, but I have always been a sucker for linkey love! ;)

Angela said...

Congratulations! You've been added to the "Bloggers I've Met in Real Life" section of my blog roll. :)

Princess Pointful said...

It was nice to meet you on Friday... I hope you are feeling better!

Frank said...

You can also take comfort in the fact that your blood clots in a timely fashion.


Oh wait.

Veronica said...

angela - yay! thanks! I would do the same...except my list would be way too short and would be mostly comprised of my brother and sister =P

princess pointful - thanks! likewise! I'm definitely looking forward to the next one =)

frank - you can GO TO HELL! you think you're such a big shot, mr. my-blood-clots-when-I-need-it-to

JenBun said...

Yay for thinks about which to be grateful!!!

Must... have... chocolate... :P

Veronica said...

haha yeah, I didn't prioritize the list, but if I had...chocolate would probably be #1.



...I mean, just kidding, Ben and family!