CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Sympathy for the Martyr

On Saturday I went downtown with Rachel, Dan, Diana and Dan's family. It was good times, check out her blog for some photos. I took some as well, but you won't see them because A- my camera is essentially the digital equivalent of a disposable, and B- I can't be bothered to upload photos from my camera except every couple months or so. I just posted pictures on my facebook from September. I am photographically lazy.

The Next Food Network Star was on last night. There was no Lisa-related drama (she actually was one of two winners of the day's challenge), but Nipa had this big prima donna meltdown. Toward the end of the show, when they were critiquing the contestants' presentation style and dish, they were somewhat focusing on Nipa (though not being overly harsh), and she abruptly said that she couldn't do this anymore and left the room. Everyone, judges included, looked completely dumbfounded. It was pretty amusing.

So she went back to her room, pouted for about 5 minutes, and came back (most everyone was still standing around looking confused, though some people were defending her). Then the judges slowly narrowed the contestants down to Nipa and Kevin...and Nipa FREAKING STAYED! They let her stay! At that point I began to seriously doubt the wisdom of these so-called 'judges'. She just seems like such a bitch. Maybe they just felt sorry for her. Well, I don't. She is almost the exact opposite of the type of person I would watch as a cooking show host.
I'll have to see what happens next Sunday...I just may end up switching to Hell's Kitchen. Gordon Ramsay doesn't take shit from anyone.

4 comments:

Frank said...

They need Alton Brown as a judge. He'd kick some major ass, no doubt.

Jidai said...

Alton Brown couldn't be a judge. The camera would explode due to his awesomeness. For it blinds the impure...

JenBun said...

Great pics! You ladies are GORGEOUS!! :)

Rachel said...

reason 138995643 that Top Chef is better- Anthony Bourdain has guest judged a couple times.