CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Hero Dies In This One

As I leave here today, apartment 108
I'll always keep you in my heart.
Anderson is cold tonight,
The leaves are scattered on the ground.
I miss the seasons,
And the comfort of your smile.

Sometimes this all feels like a dream.
I'm waiting for someone to just wake me up,
From this life.

As I look out at these fairgrounds,
I remember how our family split apart.
I don't think I ever told you,
But I know you always did your best.
And the hard times,
They only made us stronger.

As I sit here all alone,
I wonder how I'm supposed to carry on when you're gone.
I'll never be the same without you,
I love you more then you will ever know.
So maybe now you finally know.
Sometimes we're helpless and alone,
But you can't let it keep you weighted down.
You must go on.

Do you ever feel like crying?
Do you ever feel like giving up?
I raise my hands up towards the sky,
I say this prayer for you tonight,
Because nothing is impossible.

As I sit here all alone,
I wonder how I'm supposed to carry on when you're gone.
I'll never be the same without you,
I love you more then you will ever know.
So maybe now you finally know.
Sometimes we're helpless and alone,
But you can't let it keep you weighted down.
You must go on.

(The hardest part isn't finding what we need to be, it's being content with who we are.)

Stay who you are.

11 comments:

Andy said...

I love that song by The Ataris. It brings back WAY too many memories. And I agree, stay who you are, and dont EVER change who you are just to please someone.

JenBun said...

I didn't even know that was a song-- it is beautiful!

Agreed-- stay who you are. Who you are is simply AMAZING!!! :)

Bayjb said...

I did not know that was a song but it's really beautiful. Stay true to who you are and you stay strong :)

Jidai said...

Nice pretty lyrics that are totally right about being yourself.

Veronica said...

thanks you guys. that means a lot to me.
(and thanks andy, for pointing out that it was a song...it would've been awkward to get credit for someone else's work!)

right now my joblessness is casting a lot of doubt and uncertainty on my future, and it feels like everyone has an opinion on what's best for me. on the whole, I appreciate and value said opinions, but it can get overwhelming sometimes. if I tried to follow *everyone's* advice, I'd lose myself.

Mandy said...

That was beautiful and I didnt know it was a song either.

This is such an amazing sentance: The hardest part isn't finding what we need to be, it's being content with who we are.

Just remember, every future is uncertain.....I know I am not living the life I thought I would be living 5 years ago. Who knows what will happen in the next 5. But right now, today, life is good and I am content with that. But don't ever change!

Sending hugs your way!

Frank said...

Eat ice cream.

That always makes me feel better.

Andy said...

You're welcome... Any time you post trashy rock songs, be sure I'll know where they come from.

(And Frank's advise is a god one).

villageidiot said...

Veronica, I'm here for the first time from Rachel's, and I just want to say - CONGRATS on escaping crazy town there with Rachel & Dan. (I kid - they seem like good people, crazy good that is.)

I'll have to read more of your stuff here to understand the meaning of this one. (Um, sorry?) hope you are okay...

Andy said...

Hey! BTW, you just earned yourself an award! COme by and pick it pu whenever you have time!

Mandy said...

Cooooommmmmeee bbbbaaacccckkk!!!!
*yells in slow motion for effect...*